If you would like to find out more about this course, or discuss running this in-house then please click the Enquire button.
This 1-day course is made up of two modules:
Module 1 is designed to quickly introduce electrochemistry principals and how they are applied to the practical application of Lithium-ion Cells. This module will highlight the mechanical and chemical considerations made during design to tailor cell performance for applications and manufacture. The topic is explored further with the inclusion of cell selection for application, alternatives to Lithium-ion, understanding failure modes and a look at today’s global market.
Module 2 focuses battery design and performance. This module will focus on the skills required to define a battery pack design, how it is manufactured and what tests are required before entering the market. Attendees will leave the course armed with tools to understand vehicle battery specifications and able to extract the useful information from the large volume of electric vehicle content published daily.
This course is delivered in partnership with HSSMI.
This course course will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to Electrochemistry
- Lithium-ion Cell Construction and Manufacture
- Design for Performance and Cell Selection
- Safety, Failure Modes and Prevention
- Introduction to Electrical Fundamentals
- Relating application requirements to battery design
- Battery pack design principles
- Battery pack design exercises
- Production techniques with real case study
- Production line testing
Who should attend:
This course is intended for:
- Project Managers
- Commercial staff looking to build on their technical understanding
Benefits and Learning Objectives:
This course teaches you to:
- Understand what goes in to a lithium-ion cell and the key principles of electrochemistry
- Learn how design and manufacturing decisions affect overall cell and battery pack performance.
- Understand why cells fail and prevention methods
- Specify battery packs to meet an application requirements ensuring the correct cells are selected
- Understand key principles and stages when manufacturing a battery pack
- Learn the different levels of testing required in battery pack manufacture
No existing knowledge is required to undertake this course; HSSMI will, however, recommend background reading for those who want to get a head start.
- An industry association for quality managers
- Training, professional development and resources
- Practical help and support
- Course booking details:
The content of the following has been certified by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to continuing professional development principles
Course Booking Details:
|Date & Time||Venue||Cost||Availability||Take Action|
|17/09/2019 - 17/09/2019 09:00 - 16:00||Birmingham, United Kingdom||£450||Spaces Available||Book|
SMMT QMD is the Automotive Quality Management Division of SMMT Industry Forum.
- +44 (0)121 717 6600