If you would like to find out more about this course, or discuss running this in-house then please click the Enquire button.
This course is designed for auditors managing an organisations internal audit programme and those undertaking 2nd party audits within the supply chain.
Delegates should have a working knowledge of quality systems within the automotive sector and/or any previous auditing experience.
This course will help auditors develop relevant skills in judgement, decision making, audit planning, audit non-conformity writing and subsequent close out related to the new IATF16949:2016 standard. Internal auditing and familiarity with ISO9001 and ISO/TS16949:2009 would be beneficial but not a necessity.
Delegates passing the written examinations will receive a qualification underwritten by the UK IATF Oversight Office, certifying you to deliver 1st and 2nd party IATF16949: 2016 audits.
Benefits and Learning Objectives:
This participative course is made up of a number of modules supported by group exercises and open discussion. Delegates are evaluated through a proctored knowledge and application exam at the end of the course.
The practical emphasis of this course and high tutor to delegate contact provides a unique opportunity for a substantial degree of individual guidance and training.
At the end of this course delegates will understand:
- The high level structure described within Annex SL including its impact on ISO9001 and IATF16949
- The concepts and application of risk based thinking
- The IATF16949 scheme structure and governance
- The IATF16949 requirements and the principles behind the standard
- The IATF16949 requirements around auditing and auditor competence
- Audit principles and how to develop their auditing knowledge to allow them to undertake effective process based audits
- How to use the Turtle diagram to plan audits and identify risks
- The approach to planning, undertaking, reporting (including nonconformity writing) and closing audits
- Customer Specific Requirements and how to audit them effectively
- An awareness of the Core Tools (APQP, FMEA, MSA,SPC and PPAP) and how to audit them effectively
- Structure and principles of IATF16949:2016
- Structure of ISO9001
- Audit theory
- Auditor competence
- Process Approach Auditing Customer Specific Requirements (CSR)
- Core Tools Audit process
- IATF Rules for certification
- IATF Transition process
Why choose SMMT QMD:
In order to strengthen the services we provide to the UK's automotive quality management specialists and further underpin the competitiveness of UK manufacturers, SMMT Industry Forum has created SMMT QMD, its new Quality Management Division.
SMMT QMD was launched at the inaugural Automotive Quality Management Systems Conference in Birmingham in November 2018 and aims to ensure that the UK automotive industry plays an active role in the development and governance of national and international automotive standards.
SMMT QMD will provide a community of practice to directly support UK quality professionals, ensuring standards are effectively implemented and improving competitive performance. As such, SMMT QMD will now provide the following services:
- An industry association for quality managers
- Training, professional development and resources
- Practical help and support
Course booking details:
We limit the number of delegates on our virtually delivered, instructor led courses to ensure the same level of learning and contact with the expert trainer that you expect from our face to face courses.
|Date & Time||Company||Venue||Cost||Availability||Take Action|
15/01/2024 - 19/01/2024
08:30 - 16:30
|SMMT Industry Forum||Birmingham, United Kingdom||£1,759||Spaces Available||Book|
19/02/2024 - 23/02/2024
08:30 - 16:30
|SMMT Industry Forum||Virtual (UK time), United Kingdom||£1,899||Spaces Available||Book|
18/03/2024 - 22/03/2024
08:30 - 16:30
|SMMT Industry Forum||Birmingham, United Kingdom||£1,899||Spaces Available||Book|
SMMT QMD is the Automotive Quality Management Division of SMMT Industry Forum.
- +44 (0)121 717 6600