If you would like to find out more about this course, or discuss running this in-house then please click the Enquire button.
This module is a half-day, advanced-level bootcamp designed to teach you the various ways EV batteries can be managed at their end of life. The course covers operational, technical, and commercial considerations for strategies including repair, refurbishment, remanufacturing, repurposing, and recycling.
Who should attend:
This course is intended for:
- Project Managers
- Commercial staff looking to build on their technical understanding
- Business leaders looking to explore alternative operating models to manage EV batteries at their end of life
No existing knowledge is required to undertake this course.
Following the successful completion of this course delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.
Benefits and learning objectives:
By the end of this course delegate will be able to:
- Describe why designing for end of life is important, and the different options for a product at the end of its first life
- State the Legislation around the end of life for vehicles and batteries, its implications and future landscape
- Define, describe, and evaluate the following end of life strategies, with practical examples: repair / reuse, refurbishment / reconditioning, battery remanufacturing, repurposing, recycling
- Describe considerations that need to be taken into account when choosing a particular end of life strategy (e.g. volume, quality, state of health)
- Make informed decisions about piloting or implementing end of life strategies for EV batteries
The course covers the following concepts:
- Introduction to circular economy
- Closed loop supply chains for batteries
- Waste hierarchy for batteries
- Extended producer responsibility legislation and its significance
- End of life strategies for batteries
- Evaluation of end of life strategies based on various considerations (e.g. state of health), in addition to case studies and examples
- Tools for further decision-making and engagement with the topic (e.g. decision tree, EoL ForCE, CEMA)
Why choose SMMT QMD:
- An industry association for quality managers
- Training, professional development and resources
- Practical help and support
- Course booking details:
Course Booking Details:
|Date & Time||Company||Venue||Cost||Availability||Take Action|
|No available dates for this course at present click here to join the waiting list.|
SMMT QMD is the Automotive Quality Management Division of SMMT Industry Forum.
- +44 (0)121 717 6600