If you would like to find out more about this course, or discuss running this in-house then please click the Enquire button.
This course is part of our Electrification Bootcamp series. Other courses in this series that you might be interested in are:
- The Fundamentals of Lithium Ion Cells
- Lithium-Ion Battery Pack Fundamentals
- Electric Motor Manufacture
- Recycling and End of Life Pathways for EV Batteries
This Electric Motor (EM) Manufacture course is a half-day, advanced-level technical course designed to teach you how to design for manufacture, build, and run production of electric motors, particularly for electric vehicle solutions.
The course will include topics such as AC vs DC motors, motor construction, motor supply, motor control, types of motor, self-commutated externally commutated motors, EMs advantages vs traditional ICE components and a look at today’s global EM market.
This course is delivered in partnership with HSSMI.
Who should attend:
This course is intended for:
- Project Managers
- Commercial staff looking to build on their technical understanding
No existing knowledge is required to undertake this course.
Benefits and Learning Objectives:
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the inner workings of an electric motor, and how the choice of different materials and components affects its operation.
- Successfully design for manufacture, optimising processes, labour and machine choices to operate efficient, sustainable and high-speed manufacturing.
This course will cover the following topics:
- Brief history of the EM
- DC vs AC motors
- Motor construction (rotor, bearings, stator, air gap, windings, commutator)
- Motor supply/motor control
- Types of motor
- Self-commutated motors and externally commutated motors
- Special motor types
- EMs advantages vs traditional ICE components
- Today’s global EM market
Why choose SMMT QMD:
- An industry association for quality managers
- Training, professional development and resources
- Practical help and support
- Course booking details:
Course Booking details:
|Date & Time||Company||Venue||Cost||Availability||Take Action|
|No available dates for this course at present click here to join the waiting list.|
SMMT QMD is the Automotive Quality Management Division of SMMT Industry Forum.
- +44 (0)121 717 6600