If you would like to find out more about this course, or discuss running this in-house then please click the Enquire button.
Under the terms of UN Regulation 155, Automotive Cyber Security Management Systems (ACSMS) can be audited with reference to ISO/SAE 21434. This 2-day training course provides participants with the Automotive Cyber Security skills required for such audits (at OEMs, suppliers and other contracting partners in the automotive industry).
This course covers cyber security, vehicle architecture and ACSMS auditing. Participants will apply the lessons learned using a large number of practical examples and exercises. Alternating lectures and group work. The group sessions help participants transfer the lessons learned to their own professional practice. Special attention is paid to the options for sharing experiences.
Who should attend:
This training is aimed at all those expecting to join an audit team in the role of ACS Expert, in the context of an ACSMS audit (internal audits, supplier audit or certification audit), or intend to share this role as ACSMS lead auditors.
The requirements for attending the training are:
- An educational qualification (e.g. degree) in mathematics, computer science/IT, science or technology
- Expertise in auditing processes (e.g. pursuant to ISO/IEC 19011)
- Expertise in the following areas would be an advantage:
- Information security pursuant to ISO/IEC 27001, or
- Functional safety pursuant to ISO 26262
- Access to ISO/SAE DIS 21434. If your firm does not have access to this standard, it can be purchased from the publishers Beuth Verlag.
Upon successful completion of the course examination you will receive a VDA certificate confirming your qualification as an ACS expert for Automotive Cybersecurity Management System Audits.
Benefits and Learning Objectives:
By the end of this course you will:
- Be able to assess all the technical aspects of an ACSMS audit as an Automotive Cyber Security Expert (ACS Expert).
- Have in-depth knowledge of cyber security, in particular that relating to vehicles.
- Be familiar with methods for identifying automotive cyber security risks.
- Be familiar with methods for verifying and validating automotive cyber security measures.
- Have in-depth knowledge of cyber security incident response procedures.
- Be familiar with the auditing requirements as set forth in the VDA publication “Automotive Cybersecurity Management System Audit.”
- Cyber Security
- Vehicle Architecture
- Cyber Security Risks
- Cyber Security Test
- Cyber Security Audits
- Cyber Security Incident Response
Why choose SMMT QMD:
In order to strengthen the services we provide to the UK's automotive quality management specialists and further underpin the competitiveness of UK manufacturers, SMMT Industry Forum has created SMMT QMD, its new Quality Management Division.
SMMT QMD was launched at the inaugural Automotive Quality Management Systems Conference in Birmingham in November 2018 and aims to ensure that the UK automotive industry plays an active role in the development and governance of national and international automotive standards.
SMMT QMD will provide a community of practice to directly support UK quality professionals, ensuring standards are effectively implemented and improving competitive performance. As such, SMMT QMD will now provide the following services:
- An industry association for quality managers
- Training, professional development and resources
- Practical help and support
|Date & Time||Company||Venue||Cost||Availability||Take Action|
|No available dates for this course at present click here to join the waiting list.|
SMMT QMD is the Automotive Quality Management Division of SMMT Industry Forum.
- +44 (0)121 717 6600