If you would like to find out more about this course, or discuss running this in-house then please click the Enquire button.
This Electric Motor Manufacturing Fundamentals course is a one-day course designed to teach you how to design for, manufacture, build, and run production of electric vehicles and motors (particularly for the automotive industry). This course will also cover some of the basic safety considerations of interacting with electric vehicles and powertrain components.
This course is delivered in partnership with HSSMI.
This Electric Motor & Vehicle Manufacturing Essentials course will cover the following topics:
- Electric motor fundamentals
- Electric motor types
- Electric motor manufacturing and remanufacturing
- Electric motors in electric vehicles
- Electric Vehicle Manufacturing and EV Safety
- Electric vehicle fundamentals
- Electric vehicle types
- Designing electric vehicles for high volume manufacturing
- Basic safety considerations in manufacturing, operating and servicing electric vehicles
Who should attend:
This course is intended for:
- Project Managers
- Commercial staff looking to build on their technical understanding
Benefits and Learning Objectives:
This course teaches you to:
- Understand the inner workings of an electric vehicles and motors, and how the choice of different materials and components affects their operation.
- Successfully learn design for manufacture, optimising processes, labour and machine choices to operate efficient, sustainable and high-speed manufacturing.
- Apply the knowledge to hands-on labs that provide practical experience with building an EV demonstrator.
- Appreciate the causes of, and possible results of lithium-ion cell/battery failure modes.
- Appreciate the causes of, and possible results of electric motor failure modes.Consider all the necessary safety considerations specific to electric vehicles when transporting them, operating them and using them in a lab or classroom environment.
Consider all the necessary safety considerations specific to electric vehicles when transporting them, operating them and using them in a lab or classroom environment.
No existing knowledge is required to undertake this course; HSSMI will, however, recommend background reading for those who want to get a head start.
Why choose SMMT QMD:
- An industry association for quality managers
- Training, professional development and resources
- Practical help and support
- Course booking details:
The content of the following has been certified by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to continuing professional development principles
|Date & Time||Company||Venue||Cost||Availability||Take Action|
|No available dates for this course at present click here to join the waiting list.|
SMMT QMD is the Automotive Quality Management Division of SMMT Industry Forum.
- +44 (0)121 717 6600