If you would like to find out more about this course, or discuss running this in-house then please click the Enquire button.
This Electric Motor (EM) Manufacture course is a one-day, advanced-level technical course designed to teach you how to design for manufacture, build, and run production of electric motors, particularly for electric vehicle solutions.
The coursewill include topics such as AC vs DC motors, motor construction, motor supply, motor control, types of motor, self-commutated externally commutated motors, EMs advantages vs traditional ICE components and a look at today’s global EM market.
This course is delivered in partnership with HSSMI.
This course course will cover the following topics:
- Brief history of the EM
- DC vs AC motors
- Motor construction (rotor, bearings, stator, air gap, windings, commutator)
- Motor supply/motor control
- Types of motor
- Self-commutated motors and externally commutated motors Special motor types
- EMs advantages vs traditional ICE components
- Today’s global EM market
Who should attend:
This course is intended for:
- Project Managers
- Commercial staff looking to build on their technical understanding
Benefits and Learning Objectives:
This course teaches you to:
- Understand the inner workings of an electric motor, and how the choice of different materials and components affects its operation.
- Successfully learn design for manufacture, optimising processes, labour and machine choices to operate efficient, sustainable and high-speed manufacturing.
- Apply the knowledge to hands-on labs that provide practical experience with building an EM demonstrator.
No existing knowledge is required to undertake this course; HSSMI will, however, recommend background reading for those who want to get a head start.
Why choose SMMT QMD:
- An industry association for quality managers
- Training, professional development and resources
- Practical help and support
- Course booking details:
The content of the following has been certified by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to continuing professional development principles
SMMT QMD is the Automotive Quality Management Division of SMMT Industry Forum.
- +44 (0)121 717 6600